The Associate Developer will initiate key areas of development exposure and experience, including: environmental impacts, permitting at local, state and federal jurisdictions, interconnection procedures, site control and leasing, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), wind and/or solar layout, resource assessment and project budgeting.
- Responsible for advancement of project development disciplines in both utility-scale wind and utility and community-scale PV solar projects located within the US.
- Specific development focus in environmental diligence, mitigation, and local, state and federal permitting
- Work daily and collaboratively with development team in project management software on multiple projects
- Act as primary project interface with landowners and local stakeholders.
- Perform prospecting and scoping activities, including cold calls and conducting arranged meetings.
- Advance project environmental diligence, mitigation, and local, state and federal permitting.
- Coordinate third-party contractor scope and schedules to achieve project goals.
- Work collaboratively with development team in project management software on multiple projects.
- Work well in fast-paced team environment, and work efficiently while working independently.
- Assist development team in preparation of marketing and generation of off-take and M&A proposals.
- Seek participation in industry working-groups related to policy, industry changes or new initiatives.
- Ongoing assessment of energy market conditions, trends, and opportunities across multiple political and geographic environments and markets.
- Travel required: 25-40%
- Minimum education: Bachelor’s or Associate degree (energy or development related)
- 2+ years of experience developing renewable projects or real estate development projects within the United States
- Familiarity with renewable energy and geospatial concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented, critically minded and deadline conscious.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint a plus
- Experience with project management software a plus
- Must thrive in fast-paced, energetic, nimble team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Desire to collaborate and contribute cross-disciplines.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Salary, Benefits and Location
- Salary dependent on Experience and Qualifications
- An attractive bonus earning plan
- 401k with company contribution
- Health and dental insurance
- Employer-paid Life Insurance
- Flex PTO policy
- Premium office work-out facilities (MN Headquarters office only)
- Majority of time will be spent working from the NRS Corporate Office in Minnetonka, MN
About the Company
National Renewable Solutions (NRS) is a market leader in transmission-level energy storage, led by proven project developers, with a well-positioned pipeline of assets that will help transform America’s electric grids into cleaner and more versatile critical infrastructure.
Standalone energy storage is rapidly transforming the U.S. energy markets because it is cheaper than new natural gas plants, faster to build than fossil peakers or transmission, and able to perform diverse energy services. NRS partners with electricity system operators, utilities, and investors to originate and develop standalone energy storage projects that provide critical services to the wholesale electric markets. This team applies an intentional mindset to energy storage development by using an environmentally mindful, data-driven approach to development.
NRS recruits outstanding energy project development professionals who are driven to build assets that decarbonize the U.S. energy markets and grow their own careers. Our team looks for data-driven and fact-based mindsets, engaging and collaborative behaviors, and personal growth-focused professionals who want to join a positive, growth-centered, energetic culture