An ideal candidate will have either a Bachelor’s Degree or an Associate Degree from an accredited institution or 2+ years of experience developing renewable projects or real estate development projects within the United States. We are seeking a person who has familiarity with renewable energy and geospatial concepts, can demonstrate excellent writing and communication skills, is detail-oriented, critically-minded, deadline conscious, and familiar with Mac and Windows computing environments. Working knowledge in Microsoft Office Excel and Word programs is a must and experience working in project management software is a plus. Candidate must be willing to travel (25-40%) and willing to innovate and learn new skills. This role will initiate key areas of development exposure and experience, including; environmental impacts, permitting at local, state and federal jurisdictions, interconnection procedures, site control and leasing, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), wind and/or solar layout, resource assessment and project budgeting.
Key responsibility areas are:
- Responsible for advancement of project development disciplines in both utility-scale wind and utility and community-scale PV solar projects located within the US.
- Act as primary project interface with landowners and local stakeholders.
- Perform prospecting and scoping activities, including cold calls and conducting arranged meetings.
- Advance project environmental diligence, mitigation, and local, state and federal permitting.
- Coordinate third-party contractor scope and schedules to achieve project goals.
- Work collaboratively with development team in project management software on multiple projects.
- Work well in fast-paced team environment, and work efficiently while working independently.
- Assist development team in preparation of marketing and generation of off-take and M&A proposals.
- Seek participation in industry working-groups related to policy, industry changes or new initiatives.
- Ongoing assessment of energy market conditions, trends, and opportunities across multiple political and geographic environments ad markets.
- Minimum education: Associate or Bachelor’s degree (energy or development related)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint a plus
- Must thrive in fast-paced, energetic, nimble team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Desire to collaborate and contribute cross-disciplines
- Must be willing to work majority of time from NRS Corporate Office in Minnetonka, MN
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Travel required: 25-40%
NRS offers a competitive salary and benefits package to include; 401k with company contribution, an attractive bonus earning plan, health insurance and office work-out facilities. This position is based just west of Minneapolis in Minnetonka, MN.