National Renewable Solutions is looking for a Senior Finance Analyst that will support their finance and development teams in structured finance, budgeting, analyzing M&A opportunities, and maintaining and refining the company’s financial model suite. Strong candidates will have excellent financial modeling skills and a desire to join a fast-paced, deal-focused environment.
Position to be located at National Renewable Solution’s headquarters in Minnetonka, MN. Remote options are considered on a case-by-case basis, dependent on a candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the project finance team in closing tax equity, debt, and other financing transactions for utility-scale wind and solar projects, which may entail:
- Preparing marketing materials for wind solar projects
- Preparing and managing a virtual data room to provide investors access to due diligence materials
- Managing due diligence process and liaising with internal and external subject matter experts.
- Maintain and refine the company’s financial model suite, including:
- Understanding and auditing complex financial models
- Ensuring model results, modeling intent, and business terms are in agreement
- Creating new models, or new functionality within existing models, as required
- Work with Controller and development team to update, reconcile and maintain project development budgets.
- Support the preparation of financial analyses for M&A opportunities, evaluating the attractiveness of the projects under consideration, and facilitating the development and structuring of purchase proposals
- Prepare financial analyses and presentations for senior management, investment committee meetings, and Board of Directors reports
- Closely follow industry trends and competitors, including deal flow and transactions.
- Other ad-hoc tasks as they arise.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in a quantitative field
- 2-4 years of project finance transactional experience in a quantitative role within the renewable energy field
- Outstanding analytical and financial modeling skills, including partnership flip tax equity financing structures.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity that drives a desire to learn and grow within the company and industry
- Self-motivated, demonstrating ownership, and delivering results in a professional and timely manner
- Ability to communicate complex findings and analysis
- Strong attention to detail and self-review
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment and meet tight deadlines
- Team player able to successfully work closely with various finance functions and networks across geographies and commercial disciplines.