The Senior Land Acquisition Agent is a functional lead of 1 or more early to late-stage projects within the company’s wind and/or solar portfolios. The successful applicant will have experience in performing all aspects of the development process, from early-stage development through NTP. The Senior Land Acquisition Agent will have the ultimate responsibility for site acquisition of portfolio projects, review land strategy with Project Development and Real Estate teams, diligence project M&A opportunities in coordination with NRS’s M&A team and process. This key role will be instrumental in providing the highest level of site acquisition skill, talent and success, critical for mid-late stage projects and landowners from all areas of the country. The Senior Land Acquisition Agent will also provide support in the areas of building community relations, permitting, off-take support, and interconnection/queue processes for their assigned projects, and will work with a team of development and other professionals with a varying range of experience in development, finance, and construction processes.
- Engage in negotiations with property owners and stakeholders to secure fair and favorable terms for land acquisition for the purposes of renewable energy development.
- Stay updated with industry trends, market lease and land rates, regulations, and best practices related to land acquisition.
- Demonstrate excellent and disciplined written and oral communications skills with high integrity.
- Negotiate complex contracts for land acquisition purposes, including purchase and sale agreements, option agreements, easements, leases, licenses, and memoranda of understanding for the use of land, centered around the company values and mission.
- Document all landowner interactions, commitments, and conversations, reporting them in a timely manner as directed.
- Ensure stakeholder commitments and conditions are met.
- Effectively communicate landowner concerns within the project team through an established communication plan.
- Research private and public records to determine ownership, encumbrances, mineral leases, etc.
- Analyze and interpret legal documents and descriptions.
- Make independent decisions within established parameters on how to best approach landowners and proceed with surface negotiations.
- Review and understand agreement packets and other necessary documents related to transaction.
- Estimate areas of potential damage in advance of construction and accumulate information as to damages occurring during construction.
- Travel required as project needs arise, approximately 35%-60%.
- Minimum 5-year experience in land acquisition .
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to learn new computer programs rapidly.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Intermediate software skills with all core business Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability and willingness to move rapidly from place to place and meet timeline constraints.
Salary, Benefits and Location
- Salary dependent on experience and qualifications
- An attractive bonus earning plan.
- 401k with company contribution
- Health and dental insurance
- Employer-paid Life Insurance
- Flex PTO policy
- This role is a Remote role with travel to sites and regular visits to headquarters in Minneapolis, or as needed.
About the company
National Renewable Solutions, LLC (NRS) is an emerging renewable energy independent power producer (IPP) with a history of successfully developing over 1GW of renewable energy projects in the US dating back to 2011. NRS is backed by a fund managed by BlackRock, Inc, and therefore is well-capitalized to invest the necessary resources, leverage key relationships (including strategic buyers of power) and manage complex development risks to successfully build and operate its projects. Our mission is to continue to grow the renewables foothold in US energy market by developing viable, utility and distribution scale renewable energy projects, with a primary focus on wind, solar and storage technologies. Our current pipeline consists of close to 5GW of development-stage large-scale (i.e. minimum of 50MW) renewable energy generation projects. As our history of successful projects demonstrates, NRS possesses a strong track record, which has positioned us well for advanced development, execution and operation of our large and growing pipeline of renewable energy projects.