The Senior Project Developer is a functional lead of 1 or more early to late-stage projects within the company’s wind and/or solar portfolios. The successful applicant will have experience in performing all aspects of the development process, from early-stage development through NTP. The Senior Project Developer will have the ultimate responsibility for site acquisition, permitting, offtake support, and interconnection/queue processes for their assigned projects, and will work with a team of development and other professionals with a varying range of experience in development, finance, and construction processes. Special emphasis for this role will be placed on permitting support, post-NTP continuation and completion of development tasks, and EPC support. NRS’s development team is highly collaborative; the Senior Project Developer will be part of a team of Associate Project Developers, Project Developers, and Senior Project Developers under the leadership of the Senior VP of Development and the Directors of Wind / Solar Development.
• Site acquisition and due diligence: Utilize company’s processes to acquire project sites, assist real estate and legal teams with title and contracting matters, and bring projects through the diligence process.
• Permitting and Mitigation: Manage/oversee environmental and jurisdictional studies and processes. Develop and own tight permitting timelines, represent the company at public hearings, execute on complex milestone deliverables across a network of stakeholders. Coordinate and implement mitigation plans and processes.
• Risk management: Collaborate with company’s development team to uncover and mitigate real estate, permitting, interconnection, finance and EPC risks for a portfolio of projects.
• Project management: Problem-solving nuanced site, permit, and technology issues with internal experts and external stakeholders.
• Project finance: Understand the key financing elements of a project and ensure that all projects and deals continue to meet or exceed financial hurdles.
• Travel required as project needs arise, approximately 25%-50% .
• 3 – 5 years of experience in renewable energy project development
• Preferably have led full project lifecycle completion of multiple power generation or transmission projects from greenfield site origination through NTP and eventual COD
• Have understanding of the transmission interconnection process and specific energy market dynamics
• Experience working in various permitting environments, including:
• Federal permitting, such as FAA and USFWS NEPA;
• PUC/PSC and other state-level permits
• County/Township local Conditional Use Permit and Building Permit approvals
• Experience completing all of the following agreement types: • Site lease or purchase agreements, crossing agreements, use agreements, options
• Contracting 3rd party studies and deliverables from environmental and engineering
• Interconnection agreements
• Power purchase or tolling agreements
• MIPA / PSA for project disposition / acquisition
• Creative independent thinker; demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a diverse and collaborative team
Salary, Benefits and Location
• Salary dependent on Experience and Qualifications
• An attractive bonus earning plan
• 401k with company contribution
• Health and dental insurance
• Employer-paid Life Insurance
• Flex PTO policy
• Premium office work-out facilities (MN Headquarters office only)
• This role will work mainly out of our Minnetonka, MN office
About the company
National Renewable Solutions, LLC (NRS) is an emerging renewable energy independent power producer (IPP) with a history of successfully developing over 1GW of renewable energy projects in the US dating back to 2011. NRS is backed by a fund managed by BlackRock, Inc, and therefore is well-capitalized to invest the necessary resources, leverage key relationships (including strategic buyers of power) and manage complex development risks to successfully build and operate its projects. Our mission is to continue to grow the renewables foothold in US energy market by developing viable, utility and distribution scale renewable energy projects, with a primary focus on wind, solar and storage technologies. Our current pipeline consists of close to 5GW of development-stage large-scale (i.e. minimum of 50MW) renewable energy generation projects. As our history of successful projects demonstrates, NRS possesses a strong track record, which has positioned us well for advanced development of our large and growing pipeline of renewable energy projects.