An ideal candidate will have either a Bachelor’s Degree or an Associate Degree from an accredited institution and 2+ years of experience developing renewable projects within the United States. We are seeking a person who has familiarity with renewable energy technologies and geospatial concepts, can demonstrate excellent writing and communication skills, is detail-oriented, critically-minded, deadline conscious, and familiar with Mac and Windows computing environments. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel, PowerPoint and Word programs is a must, and experience in Smartsheet or Microsoft Projects is a plus. Candidate must be willing to travel (20-40%) and willing to innovate and learn new skills. Key areas of established working experience are; environmental impacts, permitting at local, state or federal jurisdictions, interconnection procedures, site control and leasing, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), wind and/or solar layout, resource assessment, facility performance modeling and development budgeting.
Key Hire Characteristics:
- Responsible for advancement of project development disciplines in both utility-scale wind and utility and community-scale PV solar projects within the US.
- Specific development focus in environmental diligence, mitigation, and local, state and federal permitting.
- Work daily and collaboratively with development team in project management software on multiple projects.
- Seek participation in industry working-groups related to potential or proposed policy changes or new initiatives.
- Work well in fast-paced team environment, yet able to be highly efficient while working independently and remotely.
- Management of subcontractor schedules and critical deliverable review.
- Perform prospecting and scoping activities, including cold calls and conducting arranged meetings.
- Ability to actively create and execute campaigns to achieve focused development objectives.
- Assist development team in preparation of marketing and generation of off-take and M&A proposals.
- Ability to effectively present plans and progress updates to management team and project partners/investors.
- Ongoing assessment of energy market conditions, trends, and opportunities across multiple political and geographic environments ad markets.
NRS offers a competitive salary and benefits package to include; 401k with company contribution, an attractive bonus earning plan, health insurance and office work-out facilities. This position is based just west of Minneapolis in Minnetonka, MN.